Wednesday, July 24, 2024

My Postal Ligation Surgery Story

"The absence of doll babies in my toy chest didn't serious influence my later decision not to become a mother; rather, I disdained Hasbro's Baby Alive wetting doll because I was already the kind of girl who would grow up to be childless by choice." ~ Lionel Shriver

Good morning; afternoon; and evening friends and fans! Namaste. It's been a month since I've had my tubal ligation done and I have absolutely no regrets in getting my tubes tied. I have my personal reasons as to why I got my tubes tied and it feels right to me. I will be completely honest with you; I've never had that maternal desire for motherhood, and I regret not getting my tubes tied ages ago. Had I gotten my tubes tied a long time ago, I would have had more time to focus on my studies, get my career going, pay off any existing debt, and travel the world, guilt free of course. Where I'm at in life as we speak, I'm not ready to settle down because I want to have my own adventures before I feel ready to settle down and I feel very tempted in getting married just to get the fuck away from my mother! [Anything is better than having to continue living under the same roof as my mother. I honestly cannot stand my own mother, if you've witness how she is with me, you'd see through her bullshit!] I'm looking to stay out of jail for as long as I can and I'm willing to couch surf. I'm getting off track by talking about my mother and I do want to change my own situation for the positive so I wouldn't end up in jail for something I shouldn't have done if you catch my drift. When I have my finances together (sooner than later), I'll take a trip to Original Botanica for some candles to use either for my mother or myself and I'll most likely use the candles for myself. Anyway, a month into having my tubal ligation done, I have zero regrets and I'm very happy that I've gotten my tubes tied. As mentioned before, I regret not getting my tubes tied because I've never wanted children and had I gotten my tubes tied, I wouldn't be where I'm at as we speak if I'd gotten my tubes tied.

"I'm a childless woman, yet I felt no maternal urges whatsoever. The prospect of years of broken nights and nappy changes holds no appeal for me." ~ Kiki Dee

When I had gotten my tubes tied a month ago, I honestly didn't feel any pain or discomfort post procedure. Truth be told, there'd been moments when I've expressed interest in wanting to get my tubes tied and my gynecologist would say I'm "too young to have" my tubes tied. Nope, I know my situation; I know where I'm at in life and by the time I am ready to settle down, I will most likely be in my 50s or 60s [whenever]. I have a 5mm incision, well three 5mm incisions and hope the scars will be less and less noticeable as time goes on. Before the procedure, they give you these wipes to "clean" yourself the day before and the day of your appointment. With each wipe, first wipe is for one arm; second wipe your other arm; third wipe is for your torso; fourth is for one leg; fifth is for the other leg; and the sixth is for your back. The nurse will give you a form to sign and bring in the next day. You'll be informed not to eat or drink anything from midnight until after your procedure. On the day of my procedure, I brought in the forms, the receptionist didn't ask for the forms the morning of the procedure. Don't ask why. After my procedure, it felt like I'd done a bunch of sit-ups and that's how it felt. Other than that, I've had a positive experience. A day or two later, I ended up breaking out from whatever they used to clean me up with. My torso and upper thighs areas that were affected by whatever they used on me to clean me. A week later I went to have it checked it out cuz I'm thinking to myself the first several days (same week of procedure before going a week later), I'm like "Is this normal to be itchy?" From what I understand is that it must have been whatever they've used. When I had my official post op appointment, I've mentioned it to the doctor who did the operation was saying I have sensitive skin because I was pretty nervous as to why I was feeling itchy. That would explain a lot. As of late, the itchiness is slowly going away, and I'd have to invest in some moisturizers for areas where the doctor had cleaned me up. When I woke up, my throat was a bit sore since there was as a tube down my throat and felt bloated for several days but it'll go away with time. It's not going to last forever.

"I'm completely happy not having children. I mean, everybody does not have to live in the same way. And as somebody said, "Everybody with a womb doesn't have to have a child any more than everybody with vocal cords has to be an opera singer." ~ Gloria Steinem

Menstrual cycle wise, I haven't had my menstrual cycle since mid-April, and long story short, I had my Depo-Provera shot in February (it's a birth control shot good for every three months). I had a near month long menstrual cycle from late March into mid-April and this was not a pleasant experience. In May, I was going to speak to my gynecologist regarding getting my tubes tied and she was the one to mention tubal ligation (I was shocked). I honestly don't know why I was given the Depo-Provera shot a month before my tubal ligation surgery, and it makes no sense to be given the Depo-Provera shot! Since the surgery, I've been spotting since having my tubes tied and I'm assuming it's normal to spot post-surgery. When I do get my menstrual cycle, I hope my periods aren't as bad as it sounds with cramps. I've had a history of irregular menstrual cycles and so far, I'm enjoying not experiencing my monthly visitor. Who knows if the reason why I'm currently not having my menstrual cycle is most likely due to the Depo shot I had in May or I may be in the very early stages of menopause. I had asked my gynecologist regarding menopause, she was saying most women experience menopause roughly around 51 years of age, often time younger than 51 and I'm only 41! Before I forget to mention, I had mentioned to my mom in regards of getting my tubes tied a month ago, she thought it was a good idea and she made a fucked up snarky comment about me sleeping around! [Dude, what in the actual fuck?] You know what, at least I'm able to get more dick instead of making snarky comments. It's like seriously? Shut the fuck up for once in her life and I don't need her obnoxious snarky commentary nonsense. She needs one of two things, she either needs to get laid or her second option is to invest in smoking marijuana and she's not going to die from an overdose (no matter how hard she attempts of overdosing on marijuana). This is why I don't want to be at home because of my mother's fucking obnoxious behavior.


Blessed be,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment