Friday, May 1, 2026

Recharging and Refocusing: What's Coming Next

"You are going to go through life either by design or by default." ~ Rick Warren
Good morning; afternoon; and evening friends and fans! Namasté. 🧘🏽‍♀️ Working two jobs is definitely not as bad as it sounds, but I'll be the first to admit it is incredibly exhausting at times. Still, it is deeply rewarding. Right now, I am balancing a fully-time role with the Parks Department alongside a part-time job retail job. Balancing both keeps me on my toes, but the ultimate goal is clear: I am actively searching for a sustainable, permanent full-time position within the Parks Department. Finding a single full-time role that covers the bills has been tough since I keep running into part-time openings, but I need a position that matches the cost of living here in New York City. It is a non-negotiable step to keep a roof over our head, take care of my son, and finally have the means to pour back into myself.
"Self-care equals success. You're going to be more successful if you take care of yourself and you're healthy." ~ Beth Behrs
Prioritizing My Health and Well-being
To show up fully for my future, I am putting my health at the very top of my priority list. I am committed to working out more and staying mindful of my diet to take better care of my body. My ultimate goal weight is 125 pounds. I know this transformation won't happen overnight and will take time, but I am focused on steady progress.

Part of taking care of my body means managing my diabetes more intentionally. I haven't tried Prince of Peace Blood Sugar Tea yet to help maintain my levels, but I plan to give it a try soon.
(Note: Always make sure to consult with your healthcare provider before introducing new herbal supplements like guava leaf or bitter melon, as they can interact with traditional diabetes medications).

Returning to Creative Roots
Beyond the daily grind, I am making space for the things that bring me genuine joy. I deeply miss being behind the camera, and I am making a promise to myself to blog more frequently and get back to shooting 35mm film. Even with NYC prices, I want to make room for the art I love, whether I'm loading up with Ilford, Kodak Portra, or CineStill film. I am giving myself the grace to know that my content won't be perfect every single time - and that is entirely okay.

"Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness." ~ Deborah Day
Headspace and Healing
People often ask about my dating life, but finding a partner can wait. Right now, my absolute focus is on securing that stable full-time career and optimizing my physical health before I even think about putting myself out there on the dating scene. I remain completely open to dating and love in the future, but relationships can wait until I am in a stronger headspace and fully healed from my past trauma. This chapter is entirely about rebuilding, recharging, and refocusing on the foundation of my life.

Blessed be,

Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Elevate Your Journey: Our Spiritual Services & Pricing Menu

"Keep your feet on the ground, but let your heart soar as high as it will. Refuse to be average or to surrender to the chill of your sp...