"Some people find peace in nature. I find mine in the darkroom." ~ Elena Ruiz
Good morning; afternoon; and evening friends and fans! Namasté. 🧘🏽 I'm not sure what happened to my Minolta X-370 because the mirror part isn't working and it's hard to explain in words. I'm currently looking or shopping around for places that regularly repair any Minolta series, and I have two Nikon cameras with similar mirror issue as my Minolta X-370 that simply needs repair! The two Nikon cameras are Nikon FA and Nikon FM2. Both of these cameras I have rescued from my job since people have brought several cameras to be "recycled" and I have rescued several cameras over the last few years since being at my retail job. It's most likely enough to open up a mini camera museum and it's a mixture of both digital and analog format. Since I currently don't have any lenses for either Nikon cameras or it'll be something I'll worry about at a later time whereas I already have a 50mm and a 70-210/4 MD Zoom lens as we speak. There are things behind the scenes so to speak that I need and should focus my energy on such as the spring cleaning around the apartment and making sure any existing bills are paid in full before I worry about setting aside a budget just to have my trusty sidekick Minolta X-370 repaired. There are other things I would love to do such dropping my film off at B&H to be developed, scanned, contact sheets per roll of film and have it on CD! Since most or a lot of the laptops nowadays don't have a CD drive, it's something you'd have to purchase separately, and I do intend on buying a scanner (it's an Epson Perfection V850 Pro Scanner) so I can scan the negatives. I already have certain things pre-gamed for when the time comes. I will at some point be able to locate a camera repair shop that regularly repair Minolta X-370 cameras. I'm not sure how long it'll take until I'm able to bring my cameras to be repaired. When I was at work last night, I had my Minolta X-370 with me and I loaded a fresh roll of Kodak Portra 400 in the camera, when I was about to test out the camera, I pecked through the lens finder and darkness. It took me a minute to realize it was the mirror part when I took the lens off the camera. I had to take the film out safely without fully wasting a roll of film, it's hard to explain to people who aren't familiar or have any knowledge on what I'm talking about. I should eventually start my vlogs other than regular blogging like this!
I'm letting everyone know now what's been going on with my camera, and I know I have several point and shoot cameras that customers brought in for recycle. I can't say for sure if people are unaware that there are places that can repair analog cameras because almost everyone are using digital cameras nowadays. It's because it's convenient to use and there's that instant gratification that comes along with digital photography, but film is different with intention. If you're reading this and are from the New York City area, just know there are locations that repair analog cameras and my best advice is to you is do your research on what places repair film cameras. Before you make that trip to the store, ask questions, and I know not everyone has the time or energy to send emails, but I think it's better to be safe than sorry in case the staff tells you something different story or give you different prices. Feel free to ask questions prior to making that visit to the camera repair shops and take a picture of the camera so the tech person would have a general idea on what they're working against and be able to pre-game on their end. Until further notice, my Minolta X-370 is currently out of service until I'm in a better place financially or wait until I do my taxes in February 2027 through the Food Bank for New York City so I can bring my three cameras to be repaired until I'm able to fully shop around for lenses for both Nikon cameras. I will be back with my camera fully repaired and be able to attend the next B&H Bild Expo held at the Javits Center next year. If I'm still at my retail job, I'm seriously calling out or putting in my PTO for the days I'll be at the Expo.
Blessed be,
Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment