Wednesday, September 21, 2022

What Beauty Secrets?

"I need to see my own beauty and to continue to be reminded that I am enough, that I am worthy of love without effort, that I am beautiful, that the texture of my hair and that the shape of my curves, the size of my lips the color of my skin, and the feelings that I have are all worthy and okay." ~ Tracee Ellis Ross

Good morning; afternoon; and evening friends and fans! Namaste. I hope this blog finds everyone well today. I honestly don't have any beauty secrets and so far I've had two people asking me if I have any beauty secrets, my answer is nope. Well, somewhat, I very rarely wear makeup and I try not to get stressed out. I do have this nasty habit of beating myself up where it may not be a big deal to other people but it's a bit of a big deal to me [to each his own] and I try not to get stressed out. As mentioned before, I don't wear a whole lot of makeup but at most eyeliner and mascara and lip gloss. Other than that, I'm just your average plain Jane so to speak and I don't get too crazy with buying and wearing makeup every single day (whether if you're a mom; single mom or you just focusing on yourself, no children, no boyfriend/husband). My reason why I wear eye liner and mascara is because it brings out my eyes. Lip balm wise, I use Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm and you can purchase a pack of these at BJ's Wholesale, they're usually under $20 bucks for a pack of eight (at the time of this blog was written). Only time I use stuff to wash my face at the end of the day are Clean & Clear Night Relaxing Deep Cleaning Face Wash when I'm too tired to use Noxzema for a half hour to forty-five minutes or so; I use Noxzema and leave it on my face for a good half hour to forty-five minutes while I still have energy. If I have a zit or two, I just take a dab of Noxzema and put the dab on where the zits are at and leave on for overnight. Another thing, I don't do drugs and I very rarely drink [alcohol] but only on social occasions. I mostly drink a lot of water with the exception of allowing myself one cup of juice and one bottle or can of soda per day. Another product I just recently starting using, although I've had this product since last year is Differin Moisturizer Restorative Night Moisturizer, 2.5 oz and Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment - 15g. After looking at the directions, I'd have to get the Differin Gel then use the Differin Moisturizer Restorative Night Moisturizer. Another thing I do is listen to a lot of music; watch comedies (movies or shows on Netflix); read books since it helps me escape this reality and same goes with writing. Factor in photography as well and also factor the fact that I'm of Chinese descent, (side note: I identify as Chinese, more so than Panamanian), I also want to get into or rather learn more about the Asian culture.

"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." ~ Kurt Vonnegut

One thing I've noticed are the people I've hung out with are several years younger than yours truly. I do have several friends that are slightly older but within my age group. Other than that, I don't have much of a beauty secret other than doing what I can not to get stressed out but I do get frustrated at times but usually short lived and go on with my life. My personal beauty secrets for looking like I'm in my mid 20's are: I very rarely wear makeup; I don't drink [alcohol] but only at social gatherings or do drugs; pursue what makes me happy during my spare time; I do my best not to focus all my energy on the news because it's all too depressing and it messes up your mental health; laugh often and even if it means watching your favorite comedy; washing your face once a day before bed (especially if you've been outside at some point throughout the day); listening to my favorite songs (I'm in the process of setting up a playlist from the 70's on Spotify); and that's pretty much my beauty (so-called) secrets. If getting liposuction was in my budget, I'd go for it but since it's not within budget, I'm happy with the traditional route of working out, preferably mixed martial arts and yoga over going to the gym any day, any time, any place! To each their own, right? What are your beauty secret tips do you have? Truth be told, I've never had the curiosity to do drugs and nor is it on my to-do list or bucket list so to speak. As the saying goes, to each their own and I will leave it at that. I hold no desire to do drugs no time soon.

"We need solitude, because when we're alone, we're free from obligations, we don't need to put on a show, and we can hear our own thoughts." ~ Tamim Ansary, West of Kabul, East of New York: An Afghan American Story.

I suppose another "beauty secret" is to dedicate a full day or as long as you feel you need for some much needed solitude and do something or catch up on your hobbies. For me it's going on photography walks or doing yoga when time permits and I do feel it's best to dedicate an entire day away from all technology such as laptops; tablets; accepting/making phone calls or even text messages or unless if you're being kidnapped by some weird creature that look like a combination of E.T.; a grizzly bear; and a butterfly with the snout of a crocodile. Yoga for me is very soothing and relaxing providing if people don't end up calling me but I should be fine if I just turned my phone off for several hours. All is well when I turn my phone off and no need to worry, once when you leave a voicemail, I will return your call. I often enjoy spending an entire day or two of solitude for my own sanity; to disconnect from the world and to prevent myself from going crazy so to speak. I personally feel it's important to take time out for yourself only once or twice a week for the entire day and this means turning your phone off so you can reflect on your own personal goals and needs. I know I need a day to recharge and collect my thoughts. I've spent many days self-loathing and it's something I'd have to work on. I'm pretty sure it's for another blog at a later time and I suppose it's a way to do when you're spending time in solitude. I wonder if it's considered "selfish" to want to spend time alone. It makes me feel guilty for wanting to spend time alone and yet I don't mind the company of others but I do equally enjoy spending time alone from time to time. Anyway, here are two videos I've come across for self love affirmations for those who have that self-loathing mentality: 'Positive Affirmations for Self Love, Self Esteem, Confidence'; and '75+ Affirmations For Self-Love | Affirm Your Self-Worth, Self Confidence | A Brand New You | Manifest'.

"There is no definition of beauty, but when you can see someone's spirit coming through, something unexplainable, that's beautiful to me." ~ Liv Tyler

Blessed be,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment